- Jewellery is not permitted to be worn during training. For exceptions and full details please click the Jewellery Policy tab.
- If your child is expected to be away longer than 2 weeks, please let the gym know.
- Gymnasts should arrive a few minutes before the start of training. It is particularly upsetting for the younger children to arrive after all the others have started. All gymnasts should attend and take part in the warm up. It is an essential part of the training that helps the prevention of injury.
- Please do not drop off your own, or other children, early to watch the classes unattended. The Gym Club cannot be responsible for these children until they enter the gym.
- Please ensure you are punctual collecting your children and remind them that they must wait in the building until collected.
- Please advise the Gym Club of any change of circumstances, i.e. medical, change of address and particularly Mobile Phone No’s.
- Our coaches wish to maximise coaching time within the gym, therefore if you wish to speak to us about anything to do with the classes, please telephone between 9am – 8pm weekdays.
- As you can imagine with nearly 2000 people coming through the gym each week, the amount of lost property is substantial. All lost property will be cleared at the end of each half term. Please ensure your child has all their belongings before they go home.
- A Colchester Gymnast must:
Show respect to coaches, judges, officials and other gymnasts. Follow the instructions of his/her coach quickly and exactly. Support and encourage his/her teammates. Always train with a positive attitude. Train to the best of their ability. Take care of the Club’s equipment. Take pride in their Club and make sure that they do their part in keeping the gym clean and tidy.
- Female gymnasts should wear a one-piece gymnastic leotard (not a swim suit or a dance suit with narrow shoulder straps).
- Shorts or leggings are permitted to be worn.
- Hair must be neatly tied up, out of the gymnast’s face.
- Female leotards may be purchased through the club.
- Male gymnasts should wear a leotard/T-shirt and shorts.
- T shirts should be tight fitting for the safety of the gymnast and coach.
- Male leotards and shorts may be purchased through the club.
New Starter information for Recreational Gymnasts and Trampolinists.
Please note this information is only relevant once you have been offered a place by us.
You will receive a payment request for an annual (Sep-Oct) affiliation to British Gymnastics and Eastern Region Gymnastics. This affiliation fee includes sporting insurance – details of this insurance can be found on http://www.bg-insurance.org/. You will also need to register your child with British Gymnastics by visiting https://register.british-gymnastics.org/gymnet/register/registerstart.
We ask that fees be paid in full before your child’s first session. If there are any problems with payment, please do not hesitate to contact the office at the Gymnastics Club as soon as possible and we will try to accommodate your needs. We use a system called paysubsonline. Please ensure that you log in to your account and update your child’s medical information before their first session. The payment system will chase fees two weeks after the payment request has been sent to you.
Gymnastics Class Attire
For the first two weeks of term we are quite happy for both boys and girls to wear shorts and sports T-shirts/vests. After this time we advise that they wear leotards as they are safer. They are welcome to wear shorts or leggings over their leotard. Girls’ leotards, and boys’ shorts and leotard sets, can be bought through the Club. Girls’ leotards range from £18-£45 depending on size and style, and boys’ leotard and shorts sets range from £29 to £42 again depending on size and style. Hair should be secured back out of the face.
Trampoline Class Attire
We are happy for your child to wear shorts/ leggings/ tracksuit bottoms and a T shirt/vest. However, we do sell leotards if they would prefer. Girls’ leotards, and boys’ shorts and leotard sets, can be bought through the Club. Girls’ leotards range from £18-£45 depending on size and style, and boys’ leotard and shorts sets range from £29 to £42 again depending on size and style. Hair should be secured back out of the face. Socks must be worn for trampoline lessons.
For all classes we ask that there should be no tassels, buckles, belts, buttons, zips or skirts worn in the Gym during those first few weeks. We would also like to draw your attention to the British Gymnastics Body Piercing and Adornments policy – which you can find on a tab above.
We hope that this answers any questions you may have, but please do not hesitate to get in touch with the office, from 9am – 8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-4:30pm, if you have any queries. We are looking forward to seeing you and hope that you enjoy your time at Colchester School of Gymnastics.
Isaac Head of Recreational Gymnastics & Louise Sobodu Head of Trampoline